NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nebula and clusters under very dark skies

jetstream

Tonite was the darkest of the season so far & with good seeing.The Milky Way was bright,with structure & many of the brighter Dso were visible naked eye.I bagged a couple of new DSO,NGC 6940 and surprisingly enough I picked up the North American nebula,with the OIII :grin: .The Veil was vivid tonite,with both visible,plus a piece of the triangle again.Awesome,even saw more detail on it,including the split in the broom with direct vision-clearly.My plan for the NA neb worked,I just searched for the edge....and found it-I saw where it hooked around-the edge was clearly visible,but if you tried to look at it without starting at an edge-like I did b4,very difficult.I had a list tonite,but I failed to spot a lot of them,the sky is twisting around now,I need to learn more stars & constellations,ie.Aldermin......I saw a couple new clusters,but no idea what they were....M31 tonite was unreal,huge bright & it was kinda "drowning out" M32,M110 was great as was M33.Tired now,but had a lot of fun.

.... Or good transparency and some technology and filters to improve the signal to noise ratio. I love the way the NAM hangs there with the pelican and the little horizontal bar of nebulosity below them.

Finding new stuff is always great!

PeterW

Archived