NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heart and Soul

JohnC64

No not a T'Pau hit from 1987 but last nights effort with the Zeiss Jena 135mm Lens again. 13 x 5 min subs with Clip-in HA Filter on the Canon 1100D. PA was a bit off last nigh so could only get 5 min subs and could really do with 10mins. Fabulous night here though - Clear and dry all night and was rewarded with the sight of Jupiter and Orion appearing over the trees at 3am(ish)

Cheers for looking

John

post-12165-0-18987500-1378222938_thumb.p

Edit - Looks a bit soft on here after i reduced to 25% to post.

Lookin' good John. Its funny, i hadnt ever seen anyone using a Zeiss lens for AP until a couple days ago, and now i've seen 3! Do you think they are well suited for it over something like the Canon 135mm? I know they are well made from what i've read.

The advantage of the Zeiss is that its was cheap (well a gift from a relative :-) ). in their day they were probably a medium priced lens. Mine was made in East Germany (it has DDR on the lens )and is beautifully made. Built like a Tank with metal construction and wonderfully smooth. Now does it stand up to modern optics and ed glass i wouldn't know. In use, it needs stopping down a couple of clicks to get spot on star shapes. I'm out on my image sampling so the smaller stars do come out pixelated. On the whole easy to use and gives decent results :-)

Cheers John

Archived