Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron StarSense

FLO

Does anyone know the latest firmware version number? I don't have a problem with it now but I have a wedge on the way and I don't like issues.

The latest version ^ apparently works with a wedge. I've just got a wedge for my CPC, but haven't had the chance to test it yet.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest version ^ apparently works with a wedge. I've just got a wedge for my CPC, but haven't had the chance to test it yet.

The TeamCelestron forum has a user reported procedure for using a Wedge and ASPA.  Are you a member?  Joining gives you the most update information on software and bugs.

The current version, fixes the CPC wedge issue, I think.  But may have broken the moon goto after observing pass midnight.  See TeamCelestron forum for more info.

As soon a it clears here, I want to retest ASPA, and attempt using a guide scope. 

Some odd hints.  Initial setup,  accurately point level wedge to the north (for northern latitudes) and align the scope to index marks,  this has the scope pointing to the southern meridian.  Sound wrong, but it is correct.  Insure all mount and wedge bolts are tight.  After initial alignment, do a SS camera calibration and  repeat alignment, (some users report better results from adding a couple more alignment points) before starting Polar Alignment.  Be sure to note the display is not real clear on displaying Degrees, minutes, seconds.  More than one polar alignment may be necessary to get Polar error below recommended 5 arc minutes.

Hope this helps, and you have clear, dark, skies.

• 2 months later...

Archived