Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light -Bosch Router

Astralstroll

Well, no amount of pondering, deliberating and musing can actually be as good as putting bit to wood so to speak. After a lot of the above, I finally managed to have some spare time to have a go with the new toy. Anyway, here is the fruits of my first labours. In making this piece, I have learnt a lot. Namely,

I really need a vacuum cleaner to plug into the sawdust collection port. I seemed to have spent as long cleaning up as actually routing.

Measure at least twice before cutting!,

Wear a good pair of glasses or goggles as well as good ear protection.

Routing is really enjoyable.

I should have added something for scale, but the outside diameter is approximately 28 inches. Now it's time to make a few more pieces and start the enjoyable task of building.

Dave.

.post-22645-0-19917500-1378075183_thumb.j

Routers i love'm, i have 9 and over the years have spent £1300 on router bits then there's the Trend Mortice/Tenon jig, and the Leigh Jig plus a Finger Tointer template, couple of Router tables, keep the speed right down when cutting and the bits will last for ever, a little used cutter that makes a nice joint, its a locking mitre cutter, comes in 3 sizes and makes a awesome joint.....

http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Mitre_Lock_Jointer_143.html

It allow the grain to follow round so there's one odd corner....

Copyofyew190303b.jpg

Archived