Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

televue plossls

ian_j_kirk

HI all, Im looking to replace my 10mm eyepiece that came with the scope (SW 200p Dob) and was looking at the televue 11mm plossl as they seem quite reasonably priced. I would be mainly using it for star clusters, both open and globular, and some of the smaller dso's like M27, M57 etc and maybe planetary viewing when conditions aren't great. I don't wear glasses so eye relief wont be a problem, and I have gotten quite good at nudging my dob to keep things in view. so would this eyepiece be a good buy, or are there any others out there that might be more suitable? clear skies, Ian

I have the 11mm TV plossl and for the same reason as you!

I can wholeheartedly recommend it and I use it for the same purposes you are suggesting.

That and the 25mm are most likely the only pieces of TV glass I'm ever likely to own, but they were well worth the money.

I don't find the eye relief a problem, but I wouldn't want to go much smaller in a plossl.

Cheers

Archived