The older I get the ********** I get

Davey-T

So last night one of those rare occasions , good sky, no wind, no moon, started imaging with Artemis did hour of HA subs, changed filter, turned off autosave to focus, set it going again,went indoors for an hour, went out

to change filter and discovered I'd forgotten to restart autosave , hope the neighbors weren't listening.

And to cap it off this morning found I hadn't turned off the finder illuminated reticle.

Guess it's all downhill now :)

Dave

A while back I spent quite a while baffled why I couldn't project the sun with my bins. Normally takes less than 30 seconds to line it up and get a projection. Then I realised the bins were the wrong way round!

A while back I spent quite a while baffled why I couldn't project the sun with my bins. Normally takes less than 30 seconds to line it up and get a projection. Then I realised the bins were the wrong way round!

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so obvious :grin: was anybody watching ?

OK, got to be honest but that is bad, very bad. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Think you may have to consider buying a solar scope. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so obvious :grin: was anybody watching ?

Exactly. How could I spend ages with bins the wrong way round?? Lucky our garden is fairly secluded (ie overgrown!) so nobody saw.

OK, got to be honest but that is bad, very bad. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Think you may have to consider buying a solar scope. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes it's so bad I was going to keep it to myself. Obviously if I ever meet up with people from this forum I will have to conceal my true identity. A solar scope is very good idea as I have yet to use my scope the wrong way round :grin:

I've already made this mistake having only used Artemis twice! I lost about an hour of 10min Ha subs, displayed to an empty room! Why on Earth isn't file output a sequencer option??

I also forgot to plug in the laptop recently, it turned off (as I scrambled around for the power adapter) just as I had everything ready to go!

If you don't have permanent setup for AP, it's just too many things you can forget.

Once I imaged for an hour with Bahtinov mask, luckily I had to refocus, otherwise it would be nightlong...

Only the once? :smile: That's a regular goof of mine :smile:

Yes it's so bad I was going to keep it to myself. Obviously if I ever meet up with people from this forum I will have to conceal my true identity. A solar scope is very good idea as I have yet to use my scope the wrong way round :grin:

There's always a first time :grin:

Archived