Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help choosing the best of these 3 dslr cams for ap

Timbo32

Hi,

i am thinking of investing in a dslr for some widefield ap and mabe in the future some prime focus ap.

i have narrowed the selection down to these 2 cannon dslr camera's... 600d or 650d

please could you help as there are alot of conflicting view's

i am not interested in modding in anyway as i'm convincing the o/h that i can capture the family moment's!

also i have been reading about magic lantern and would be interested in people's views and opinion's

Clear Skies Tim:)

Well if you want a nice comparison on features check out

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-600d-vs-Canon-EOS-650D

If you haven't already.

I've got the 600d but if i was buying today i'd probably get the 650 (or 60d - if the pennies can stretch).

I cant compare, and have no basis to say either other than more features can only be better, right?

Got some great pics with my 600d by the way, a brilliant camera.

The 600D is a brilliant camera for astrophotography, the 650D is only worth the extra if you're into video. Magic Lantern works a treat on it I've particularly been impressed with how the exposure ramping works with the time lapse function. Mel

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

hi all Thanks for your replys, i'm really sorry i ment choice of 2 dslr cam's 600d and 650d although the 60d also looks good, but i would only be able to get the cam body if i got 60d and if i go for the 600d i can get 18-55mm lens and 55-250mm lens kit both image stablized II. as for a ccd..... maybe when i win the lottery! lol don't get me wrong i would love a good mono with all the filter's e.t.c just can't afford it!!

Clear Skies Tim

When i bought my 600d i got it with the 18-55 lens, and bought a 70-300. I soon got tired of swapping lenses so bought an 18-200, which is now nearly always on the camera. If your immediate thought on buying the kit is that you want a second lens for more zoom, maybe look at buying only the body and a large range zoom lens? Might end up being a bit cheaper (and less hassle).

Archived