NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Brief glimpse on Sunday morning

Montana

I had a brief glimpse of the Sun on Sunday morning for 20 minutes, unfortunately not quite long enough to get a full disc (glad I started at the bottom :) )

I meant to post yesterday but work was a bit hectic, then got carried away on the other forum, sorry about that. Solarscope SF-100 / DMK41

Any way here is my southern part of the disc, for better resolution click here http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

9534817469_7dde69aabd_b.jpg

2013-08-18 Southern hemisphere by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

colour please view here http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

9534817925_b93a639fcd_b.jpg

2013-08-18 Southern hemisphere f colour by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

After waiting a couple of hours I did briefly get two more pics to stitch together with the 1.6x Barlow.

9534803707_091d28db1c_b.jpg

2013-08-18 West MT by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

9537601634_368764f141_b.jpg

2013-08-18 West f colour by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

At least it broke the 5 week drought!

Alexandra

Tell me about it, I count every single weekend :( and this weekend is not looking so rosy at the moment on the forecast. The forecast usually goes, UK nice and sunny, Cheshire cloudy :( we live in a cloud puddle, it all comes in from the Isle of Man, I blame them.

Alexandra

Well it is a bank holiday so it's bound to be overcast and raining.

I am willing to bet it is clear after sunset? All of your day time cloud is coming across to my house during the night, it has been two months since either of my night time scopes saw any star light.

If it wasn't for solar, I would be an occasional astronomer or attending AA meetings.

Robin

Lovely images Alexandra. It's been pretty tough here recently, too. There have been the occasional breaks in the cloud, but I'd pretty much have to sit with the kit and wait which is something that work and domestic life won't allow right now :(

James

Archived