Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Protective case

Have a look at Allendale Electronics flight cases on EBay , just bought one really good price,cheaper than DIY, good enough for telescope but wouldn't recommend it for use as actual flight case.

Dave

I think the Very Useful Box 84 ltr is a good option, the original 8" telescope foam packing should fit inside and there's room for a few bits and pieces too. My 8SE fits nicely with a Baader Steeltrack focuser and 9x50 finder attached. The box is strong and light, and should fit into most car boots. B&Q sometimes have them on special offer.

I use a IKEA Samla plastic box stuffed with foam to store my C925. Probably as cheap as you would get for a 8" scope.

Actually what kind of 8" do the OP have?

IKEA plastic box only works for short and fat C8, not the longer 200p. If he has a 8" frac or a long FL planetary Newt, then he will need a custom flight case.

Just got round to taking pic of new case £38.00 collected , bit more with delivery, 820mm X 270mm X 290mm with solid foam block. From Allendale electronics on EBay

Excuse pics taken with wifes point and click with the dodgy autofocus

post-21198-0-05107300-1376851047_thumb.jpost-21198-0-62904200-1376851063_thumb.j

I saw a few posts on CN forums praising a STANELY CASE, 50 Gallons (about 200 litres) that is used for the 9.25 and 11" OTAs.

I think I saw them on ebay UK for about £80-£90.

They use custom foam to fill up the case, or the foam the scope was shipped in...

Archived