Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Guildford

hobsey

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for all the newer welcomes. Picked up my Collimator today has I removed the Primary mirror for a very light dusting on the day I got it so it need re aligning. Hopefully will get to give it ago at the weekend if the skys are clear.

Could anyone tell me what sort of things I should see through the skyliner 150?

I still haven't been out with it yet because of the size of it is putting me off. Am I going to be able to see the same things if I sold it and got something a bit more portable?

Hello Hobsey,

I'm from Guildford myself and lived in Cranleigh for a few years. In the flats by the narrow bridge with the traffic lights, near The Cranley Arms. Living in Newbury now though.

Your six inch dob will show you loads of things, Venus, Mars, detail on jupiter, the rings of Saturn, lots of different types of star clusters, brighter nebula, multiple stars, lunar detail. The list is endless really.

If you want something a little more portable then go for a six inch SCT or maybe a four inch refractor.

Regards, Chris.

Hi Chris, thank you very much for your reply. Pretty much what I was hoping to hear especially the details of Jupiter and the brighter nebulas. The flats that you used to living in is exactly where I'm living.

Number 1. Is that the flat above number 2?. What a small world!

I still have some photos I took of the moon hanging on my wall that I took out of my bedroom window at number 2.

Number 2 has astronomy heritage!

Chris.

Well, thought I would give the scope ago last night through the living room window as I haven't used it yet but it just wasn't happening, it is just far too big.

For me to carry on this fascinating hobby and to keep coming back on this very friendly and helpful forum, the skyliner 150 dob needs to go to make way for something smaller and more portable.

It is for sale or if you have something more portable you would like to swap for it, please send me a message.

I'm sorry if this is against forum rules but all the time I have this scope I won't be able to get 150 posts together to put it in the for sale section.

Let this be a lesson to you children, don't bid on something with only 2 minutes left without doing you research no matter how good it looks.

Archived