SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Guildford

hobsey

Hello there, just this second registered so I thought I would pop in and say hi. I have recently purchased a telescope after wanting one for a while but I jump in at the deep end with this one. I won it on ebay after seeing there was only 2 minutes left so I didn't have any time to do any research on it. Its a Skywatcher Skyline 150, from what I have read its got pretty good reviews. I had the fright of my life when I went to pick it up as I only have a 1 bedroom flat and it looks like I have the hubble space telescope in my living room as you can see from my face below, thinking what have I done. That's enough from me for now but could someone tell me why I cant start a new paragraph please?post-31557-0-26065300-1376413932_thumb.j

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as you got it for a good price then Id say its a good buy. I originally was going to buy one but after quite a few people here suggesting I just go for the 200p I did. At the end of the day, you will see awesome things and if you decide to go bigger, sell it and buy bigger, any extra's, eyepieces and so on that you buy for this one will all work with larger scopes anyway.

Happy hunting and clear skies. And welcome to SGL

Thanks for the warm welcomes peeps. One thing I did for get to mention, I have no where at home to use my scope so I will have to go elsewhere to use it. And the car I have to try and fit it in? A Toyota Aygo. :shocked:

We used to have a Yaris and the thought of trying to get that massive scope into an Aygo is making me smile. Mount it on the roof, mobile observatory!! Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to learn stuff.

Archived