Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bloody Weather

Greg

Had a look out earlier and it was crystal clear, got all the gear onto the patio - set up, just as I was lining up the finder scope big clouds roll over and it's cats and dogs! Even got the wife out to help me get the scope in.

Managed a 30 sec peek at M42

Needless to say I'm sitting here mildly moist with my kit drying out at an ambient temperature!!

Hopefully tomorrow night may be better!!!

Greg

It happened to me last week, went outside, clear sky, went inside, attatched camera to tripod, went outside looked up, nothing but cloud, came inside, put camera and tripod away, went downstairs, looked thru blind, clear as a bell. Muttered I''m not doing it  again" and went and potatoed in front of the one eyed lodger.

Greg

Hopefully tonight will be better.

It rained here all day until 6pm. Then started to clear.

I finally managed to do some good observing at about 11.30 pm whenthe sky was crystal clear for a couple of hours.

I have a strategy about putting my gear out.

I only put my scope out.

I leave my books, eyepieces and chair in the extension by the door. This means that I can set up or clear away quickly depending on what the clouds do.

This seems to confuse the 'weather gods' as the weather usually clears if I take this approach.

Give it a try it might work for you.

Cheers

Ian

I only put my scope out.

I leave my books, eyepieces and chair in the extension by the door. This means that I can set up or clear away quickly depending on  what the clouds do.

This seems to confuse the 'weather gods' as the weather usually clears if I take this approach.

Give it a try it might work for you.

Good one Ian!! Bit like the beer pixies! The ones that drink your last beer - by the time you've found out you're too drunk to go and get more!!

Greg

Archived