Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem with Deepskystacker and Canon RAW

Hi All

I'm having a problem stacking Canon RAWs from a 1100d in DSS that I can't figure out and would really appreciate some help with.

I've been using DSS to stack RAWs from a 450d for a while now with no problems (apart from the steep learning curve!). I got a 1100d not long ago, and when I stack the RAWs from this the stacked image is narrow, like this -

Autosave.tif

The RAWs go in at 4272x2848, but the stacked image comes out as 1088x2874. I've tried stacking with no darks or flats with no difference. I thought maybe DSS 3.2.2 didn't recognise the 1100d RAWs so downloaded the latest version of DSS 3.3.2, no difference. I've tried resizing in PS but that just smears the image sideways. The master darks and flats come out the right size.

I'm tearing my hair out - or what's left of it :grin: . If I can't sort it I'll have to go back to using the 450d. I'd be very grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to sort it out.

Thanks

Pete

I don't get why but I believe you need to download the beta version of DSS from the DSS yahoo group. That seems to fix the problem.

I have not had this issue yet though.

edit: ooh snap, link and all.

Fancy. :D

Indeed. It's a fairly well-documented issue now. The current "production" release of DSS doesn't correctly interpret the RAW files from newer cameras such as the 1100D. You have to have the beta version to get that to work.

James

Loads of problems and questions wouldn't arise if the author of DSS would drop the Beta designation. It's been 3.3.3b for years !

DSS uses DCRaw that has to be updated for each new camera.

Dave.

That's great, thanks for the quick responses guys - I guess Sunday evening is a good time to be asking questions :grin: I'm glad it wasn't me doing something stupid, the need to use the beta version had passed me by, I'll get it downloaded now.

Cheers

Pete

im using the EOS1100d and i have DSS 3.3.3 beta 51, it loads the subs at the right size but still have a purple wash which i think has something to do with the WB, not sure if ur having this problem? but they seem fine after stacking.

Archived