Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 with OSC Hubble

silentrunning

Well I'm imaging more than collimating and fixing now that the RC seems to be behaving itself after the various mods. I got 10x600s on the Mexican part of the North American Nebula with my OSC QHY8L and put it through a number of actions I have written to extract NB data. I then put it through the Hubble pallet colur transforms...

f1db61dc-a291-4ed3-8d20-48a7d1b6dad2_thumb.png

Hi Bill

I have written actions to remove the stars and to seperate out the RGB channels of the OSC image. I then use the R image as H and the G or B image as O. I use a clipped copy of the R channel to simulate S. I then play with the level of the HOS images and combine back into an RGB image with RGB mapped to SHO. I then apply the hubble colour transforms that can be found on the web and Bobs your uncle! It works surprisingly well. i checked the spectral response of the QHY8L bayer layer available on the web and this added some technical kudos to the approach as the H and O signals fall nicely into the R and GB responses of the layer. I also use a Astrononik CLS filter to get rid of LP that would otherwise ruin the whole process.

Doug

Hers

Archived