Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will it work?

Could you use an air rifle red dot scope or sight scope as a finder scope?? The red dot ones are zero magnification, so it can work as a red-dot finder or a telrad. The low magnification sight scope can possibly used as a second low mag. finder..I kinda like the idea of militarizing my rig :D

51ncx08GkEL._SX385_.jpg

41-He8WOyML._SX385_.jpg

I don't think this is the same. The one I am looking it is made for rifles, but wondering if it the same as the RDF finders.

http://www.amazon.co...rds=sight scope

I use one of those on my ED120. They were originally designed as rifle sights I believe. I've tried a few and find them fine generally but a little bright even at the lowest setting for astro use. Telrad's and the Rigel Quikfinder are better in this respect as they go down very dim which is just what you need for star hopping to DSO's on a dark night.

You will need to find some sort of mounting stalk / foot to get it to fit an astro scope. Mine sits on one of these:

http://www.opticstar.com/Run/Astronomy/Astro-Accessories-Telescopes-Ascension.asp?p=0_10_5_1_1_57

zero point finders, or reflex finders were orginally developed for rifles. they are 'reflex' because they give the shooter an instant overlay of what they see with no need to really correct posture and breathing etc as you'd expect to do with a magnified rifle scope. Literally pull the gun up to eye level, point and shoot . a.k.a reflex

I have used an optical riffle site for a finder on my old tasco 4.5 in newt. The original finder was unusable and I had a Bushmaster 4x20 site lying around so gave it a try, It was OK and not too heavy. I think that the Reflex site would be the better bet of the two.

My old Tasco-

post-30467-0-68973600-1375296189_thumb.j

I have used an optical riffle site for a finder on my old tasco 4.5 in newt. The original finder was unusable and I had a Bushmaster 4x20 site lying around so gave it a try, It was OK and not too heavy. I think that the Reflex site would be the better bet of the two.

My old Tasco-

post-30467-0-68973600-1375296189_thumb.j

Crikey....................thats the biggest finder scope i have ever seen.

Archived