Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what about this camera

shirva

Website. ..www.dipolnet.com

Clearance section

2mp ip camera: ulticam ds-852mf-

Would this be usable for av use..has built in sd card slot and rj45 connection .....need help from you techy chaps to give opinion. Davy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this one..looks even better looks like a watec 902h

Website. ..cameras-cctv. Com....mini camera 34s-12

Camera has 1/3 Sony had ccd 2...full osd..rs485. .c/cs mount...0.0001 sensor up..600tvl colour 650tvl b/w...

Price with vat 94.80 and spec sheet a pdf download

Found this one..looks even better looks like a watec 902h

Website. ..cameras-cctv. Com....mini camera 34s-12

Camera has 1/3 Sony had ccd 2...full osd..rs485. .c/cs mount...0.0001 sensor up..600tvl colour 650tvl b/w...

Price with vat 94.80 and spec sheet a pdf download

Its another one that ticks the right boxes Davy. The sense up looks the same as the Sammy. The advantage of this one is the size and I would think it would be a lot easier to experiment with cooling. No unnecessary 24 Volt board stuck in the middle :smiley:

have you looked at the camera's on that web site, in the second post Davy. Theres one there that looks like what Phil Dyer has on his website?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

have you looked at the camera's on that web site, in the second post Davy. Theres one there that looks like what Phil Dyer has on his website?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Your quite right Johnno I think its the same one, it also has 1024x intergration on the specs. 20 sec intergration?

Ok folks anybody right into the technology side...could anybody explain the ip cctv camera workings it streams hd mp4 and jpegs is this going to be good for av astronomy.. seemingly its better than analog but I keep hearing raw is better than jpegs because it looses data when converted to jpeg. ..also some of these cameras have a built in sd card that I thought would be good would free up laptop use...and you can still view via a monitor. ..next it has rj45 connection and remote via the rs485 .....would this be the bridging camera between what we have on the Samsung and a dedicated astronomy camera ?????.Davy

Johnno. .well spotted on the Phil dyer camera. .same camera...good to get the full specs on it...know what you mean ..treated Caroline today and turning astroshed into an avairy for her to keep/breed budgies. ..will make her very happy she's been ill for a long time n deserves it..will still store ..gear in it but need to go more remote control with my gear.....so she better be nice to me when it comes to my astronomy. ..lol...Davy

Ok folks anybody right into the technology side...could anybody explain the ip cctv camera workings it streams hd mp4 and jpegs is this going to be good for av astronomy.. seemingly its better than analog but I keep hearing raw is better than jpegs because it looses data when converted to jpeg. ..also some of these cameras have a built in sd card that I thought would be good would free up laptop use...and you can still view via a monitor. ..next it has rj45 connection and remote via the rs485 .....would this be the bridging camera between what we have on the Samsung and a dedicated astronomy camera ?????.Davy

They are good security cameras. They send video live over the internet so on holiday you can watch your house, astroshed etc from anywhere in the world at any time on your phone they can also notify you when they have been activated.

Most all security camera recorders do the same nowadays, plugged into your router you can watch your cams from anywhere and take snapshots live.

Here is the BUT.....they dont seem to have the crucial sense up capability needed for astro work.

Hi Guys

Sorry - been away for the weekend and just seen this thread.

The key things we are looking for in a camera are:

1. SENSUP - preferably x512 or x1024 - this is the frame accumulation mode and gives us our long exposure compared to normal video cameras. I've not seen a board camera with this facility yet.

2. Sensor - from what I can gather only the Sony Super HAD and EXview HAD are worth considering - the EXview has better noise performance (and possibly sensitivity) than the Super HAD, ignore any CMOS video camera they probably will not be sensitive enough.

3. Chip size - 1/3" is what is in the Samsung SBC200/SDC435 - this is OK, 1/2" is bigger and possibly more sensitive as it has the same number of pixels but these are larger and therefore should catch more photons. Note 1/2" chips seem rare in the low cost security cameras - the Samsung SCB4000 uses a 1/2" version of the same chip in the SBC2000.

4. Ideally you want to be able to use manual settings - this requires buttons on the camer or RS435 communications - note the board cameras usually do not offer this.

5. On camera video processing - if you want to view on a monitor rather than capture with a PC, then on camera filtering (Noise Reduction and Picture Enhancement) can be very useful - if you are capturing, it may be better to turn these off and do all your processing afterwards on the PC where you have more control over it.

This camera suggested by Davy ticks all the boxes and looks OK:

http://www.cameras-cctv.com/cameras-c-cs-lens/34S

However this one looks just as good if you are prepared to wait (good reviews on cloudy nights):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-High-Resolution-1-3-SONY-960H-EXview-HAD-CCD-II-700TVL-0-0003Lux-Real/577569401.html

IP Cameras:

I have no experience of these - however the same criteria as above applies - sensor type and SENSUP is key.

The compression used in these cameras to transmit over the internet may create artefacts (or simply eliminate the detail we are looking for) - however only testing would tell us if this was the case. Steve Wainwright - one of the early pioneers of Video Astronomy used a DVD recorder to record his sessions and got great results with this - however how this would compare to the MPEG or M-JPEG compression used in these IP Cameras remains to be seen. It may be better than the output of our USB video decoders and certainly should not be affected by any PAL video artefacts.

I'm not sure that any of the current capture software supports IP cameras - there may be other solutions to this but I have not looked into it.

All the time you need to be wary of the over all cost - recently a Mono Mammut cooled CCD went for £280 on ABS - I know because I nearly bought it!

Don't let me stop your experimenting - I know that this is half the fun!

Clear Skies

Paul

Cheers Paul....looking at a car tonight so if I can haggle price down will have so dough to play with...Samsung camera has not came waited a month from ebay so have asked for refund so now its a new camera search.....few spring to mind.

Loadstar. ..nice compact and images from nytecam are amazing and software development by Paul 81 make it a top contender.

The camera I found that appears to be a watec 902h with Sony chip, small and compact that could be used as a dual imagining rig no probs on a finder scope or a wide lens..

The Phil dyer camera ..longer exposure ..step up from Samsung ,, good price.....no cooling and its a larger cam due to dual voltage. ...

So pondering time get loadstar that can be a st guider or used as a near real time cam when software becomes available. ..at approx 400 pound

Or buy both the Phil dyer cam and watec look a like for just over 200 and fit Phil dyer cam to ed80 pro and the watec to the scope ring with either an 8mm or a zoom to 60mm lens...Davy

• 1 year later...

Hello to All,

Dr D. How strongly would u recommend http://m.aliexpress.com/item/577569401.html?productId=577569401&productSubject=Free-shipping-High-Resolution-1-3-SONY-960H-EXview-HAD-CCD-II-700TVL-0-0003Lux-Real&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail and for what would it be best suited? I'd love to have a cam for display on a big screen for viewing as well as imaging.

Hi Iksoberg

This looks very similar to other camera discussed on this thread and should be fine for brighter DSO's as long as you keep to F4 or below.

It also supports RS435 which should allow remote control of the setting if you have the right interface.

A reasonable alternative to the PD! camera.

However if you can get a Samsung SCB200 or SDC435 for similar money I go with one of these as the settings a a little simpler to use based on other reports on the internet.

Shiva has tried a lot more cameras then I have - may be he has an opinion.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi paul/ john. .the phil dyer is a good camera but bang for buck the Samsung scb2000 or scb2001 is my recommendation if you can pick it up cheap from ebay..

the scb2000 can have whats called a utc fitted..this is a remote control that allows you to change settings in the camera menu brilliant piece of kit yet again ebay approx £10..I have four Samsung cameras with four utc controllers on them..

if you give details on what you would like to capture and equipment you have the guys can advise you more on specific equipment required. .davy

They look to go for 120 Euros here in Germany. That's not including the lens so I'm looking for one, which one btw?

Features on the SCB-2000P include: http://www.amazon.de/SCB-2000P-Samsung-Kamera-Nacht-600TVL/dp/B008H348XM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415460567&sr=8-2&keywords=Samsung+SCB-2000

SCB-2000P Samsung, 1/3" Kamera, Tag/Nacht, DNR, BLC, SSNR, 600TVL, 12VDC/24VAC

It needs to have the lens, right?

Is the 2000P ok? help...

Archived