Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dumbbell nebula reprocessed

pixueto

My Dumbbell nebula from Saturday the 5th of July (a couple of weeks ago). This is my final reprocessing using Photoshop and Pixinsight. Total exposure time is 1hour 16 minutes made of 4 minute subs using a SW200P, a canon 1100D modified by Cheap Astrophotography and an Astronomik CLS clip filter. The subs were guided with an Orion Starshoot Autoguider through a 9X50 finder and PHD. ISO 1600. The image was taken in the suburbs of SE London.

Really impressed by the 1100D. This camera produces even better images than the 450D.

Any comments welcomed. Thanks for watching.

post-18331-0-11338500-1374268883_thumb.j

And particularly for a DSLR too, though I'm quite convinced that the 1100D is the best one for AP. Yes, good shot :)

Absolutely Gina, and luckily for us, the 1100D is also the cheapest DSLR model!

I wonder what the result would have been with an extra couple of hours spent on this target during a normal no-so-hot summer/autumn night as we were starting a heat wave when I took those pictures. Maybe the outer layers would have come up with far more detail?

Really nice image, especially using a DSLR in this heat. Some slight star elongation, but I'm having the same problem with my 200PDS yet to be diagnosed!!

I'm also in suburbs of SE London - Bromley, where are you?

Carole

Really nice image, especially using a DSLR in this heat. Some slight star elongation, but I'm having the same problem with my 200PDS yet to be diagnosed!!

I'm also in suburbs of SE London - Bromley, where are you?

Carole

Hi Carole, I'm in Sidcup, not far away from where you are. West and northwest skies aren't out of bounds for me as central London lights up the sky.

Didn't notice the elongated stars. Easy to correct in Photoshop processing, though. The night I took those pictures, I had trouble screwing the adapter into the finder so I could use the autoguider. I decided to remove the finder from the main scope to do it so I wouldn't risk moving the scope losing the alignment. I think that, ultimately my guidescope was pointing to a different part of the sky to my imaging scope maybe creating a bit of differental flexure?

Archived