NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is Astronomy Tools Action Set worth buying?

Rahul Zota

Hi, I am new to astrophotography and learning post processing. I have been facing problem regarding removing gradient, light pollution in my photographs. Photoshop is not able to remove those uneven lights in my deep sky photographs. Recently I visited Astronomy Tools Action Set in the following website

http://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/Astronomy_Tools_For_Full_Version.html

I thought these actions might help me in improving my results.. and I am planning to buy them.. but before buying I would like to take advice from the experts whether to spend money in these or not!

-Rahul Zota

Bhuj, India

Sorry, can't help with your question but have subscribed to the thread as I would also be very interested in hearing the replies to this as I was also looking at the same thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If only every question on astrophotography were so easy to answer! The answer is Yes. Or maybe YesYesYes!

Even for someone like me who does astrophotopgraphy as part of their work these tools are a godsend. For the expert they save time. For the beginner they introduce processing expertise. You can use them and learn from them. The key thing to note is that you can save the mods 'as layer on top' or 'as layer underneath' and then use the eraser and Layer Opacity tools to save or delete or reduce such parts of the modified image as you wish.

Noel Carboni is a truly great image processor. These tools are very fairly priced and will, if nothing else, save you hours. But they'll do more than that. They'll inspire you.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2277139556&k=FGgG233

A definite yes! I don't use all of them and I don't use them all the time but when I call upon them, they always deliver. Very reasonably priced too - just a shame that you don't actually get Noel himself into the bargain to click on for those really tricky images that aren't quite going to plan!

Archived