Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888

lensman57

Hi To All,

I took this a couple of nights ago, not the best imaging evening but i wanted to give the ATIK workout, any advice is much appreciated as usual and forgive the slight black clipping and the star bloat, I am jsut starting to learn the ropes.

It is a straight stack of 10 subs, 600s each, SW ED80 @F7.5 and ATIK 428 EX osc.

Many Thanks and Regards,

A.G

PS: I posted this by mistake in the "starting with imaging " forum tonight so please excuse the double posting, I am not trying to be everywhere with my images.

post-28808-0-42945200-1373500873_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a good start, but I think your data has quite a lot more to offer.

What software were you using to stretch the data? A more sympathetic stretch should help control the noise.

Keep it up!

This looks like a good start, but I think your data has quite a lot more to offer.

What software were you using to stretch the data? A more sympathetic stretch should help control the noise.

Keep it up!

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, only used a very conservative stretch in StarTools and a little play in the CS2, at the moment all my captures seem to suffer from noise, I don't think that I used any darks for this one but I am not sure as I am guilty of not keeping records of what I do. Any advice is much appreciated though.

Regards,

A.G

Good start but 10 subs is no way near enough for OSC @ f/7.5 :)

If you think 10 x 600 second for MONO each filter ( 30 x 600 ) then OSC needs at least the same and much much more :)

This is the reason why OSC is not 'faster' to get ‘a good result’

Good start but 10 subs is no way near enough for OSC @ f/7.5 :)

If you think 10 x 600 second for MONO each filter ( 30 x 600 ) then OSC needs at least the same and much much more :)

This is the reason why OSC is not 'faster' to get ‘a good result’

Hi Guy,

I fully appreciate your point but I am very time limited, I mostly work in the evenings so by the time I subtract the free evenings and add in the "clearish" nights it does not leave a lot of imaging time, I understnd you are up north too and at the moment I have an imaging window of about 3 hours at best from my busy back garden. I also do have Atik 16IC and a set of high transmission RGB filters and I will give that a go , I am also working on adapting a Meade series 4000 f6.3 reducer to the SW 80 but as yet I have had no luck sourcing a suitable adapter, everything seems to be far too long. Many thanks for your advice and kind comments.

Regards,

A.G

Hi Gina,

Many thanks again, I have a long way to go before I come anywhere near the quality of your images but I am trying to learn fast.

Reagrds,

A.G

Thank you :) I've been going a while now and put quite a lot into it - very dogged and persistant :D Yes, there's a lot to learn but the learning and gradually improving is all part of it and something I find very enjpoyable :)

Archived