Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Now why didn't I think of that....

Caz

.....I used to think I was a logical thinker, but this never sprang to my mind.  I've been having probs with the upside down image, sometimes I get it right, but more times, not.  So yesterday, read through my books as I usually do, and there in front of me was an easy and obvious solution.....Turn the sky chart upside down...doh!.....  Its alright I won't hurt anyone... :clown:

Perhaps now, I can have better success... :clouds2:

ps....somebody tell me that I'm not the only one who has to do this.... :scratch:

You can get erect image finders. (don't know where exactly though)

Its not the eyepiece that reverts the image it would be a erect image diagonal

that would do this.

Talk to Steve or Damien about this they will be able to help more than me.

PS....somebody tell me that I'm not the only one who has to do this.... :scratch:

An inability to rotate an image in the mind is a female thing ... its why you can't read maps!

(Having lit the fuse, he quietly tip-toes away :laughing6:)

Steve

PS: I wouldn't recommend an image-erecting-eyepiece; they are more trouble than they are worth!

I have less trouble with this than I would have expected, and switch easily from binoculars to the red-dot finder to the scope. I have a way of compensating, but I can't really explain it, and if I get a refractor with a star diagonal, my method will probably go all to hell. :?

hay caz

I think you get used to seeing thing the wrong way after a while then it just seems normal, You could try a red dot finderscope avalible on ebay all the time, As your only looking though a peice of class you see everything as it is in the sky. The best advice I can give is give it time you still very new to this .

Mark

Archived