Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aluminum Welding Rods

Freff

I'm not sure if this has been posted before so I thought I'd mention it.

For those who don't have access to Tig or not confident in using it, Durafix may be your answer to those small aluminium projects you wanted to do.

I have used them a couple of times, and they do a very strong joint, although it won't be the nice half moon weld you get with Tig.

Watch a few of the videos.

Durafix,we tried something similar last year on my buddys boat.He had been given some rods at a demonstration during a sports show in the USA,the guy really made them work,my friend said.So out we go....going to aluminum braze his boat cracks.Long story short we didn't do a very good job,but they can be made to work in limited applications.The boat ended up over here next to my AC TIG getting a few beads run.For any critical or precision work on aluminum,I can only recommend an AC TIG,even then it can be very tricky.Welding over this stuff is hard,I think there is zinc in it or something.I hope this helps avoid any ruined parts,but if one can make this stuff work.....

Archived