NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ed80 and a tele compressor

Nicho

I have a SW ed80 with the sw reducer and have recently bought a atik 314+ .

I would like to have a go at some of the larger targets without having to do too many panes in a mosaic .

Has anyone tried or thought about trying using Astro Physics CCDT67 0.67x Reducer http://www.teleskop-...uer-GSO-RC.html

Please stop me if you think i'm mad ! . I'm just attracted by a bigger piece of sky to picture ,and faster optics which is a great + also i really dont want to be having a look at other scopes if i can help it just yet :) I'm not sure my wife would understand . :evil:

Nick

Thanks for your replys

I completely understand what you guys are saying but money is and always will be the object for everyone, and a bigger ccd is just out of my reach for a few years . Im just intrested to see if I can use the compressor as a stop gap ?

Nick

I think some folks have indeed done just that. Wait for them to come on line and comment. I tried to do this with a DSLR but there was too much vignetting. Bit that's a huge chip, it may work on a 314.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did try the AP telecompresser that you mention on my Pentax 75SDHF - But I used it with a larger chip camera (460EX) - It didn't work and so instead I bought an Optec NexGen 0.7x and that worked much better. I never tried it with the small chip 314L+ so I can not offer thoughts on whether it will work with the smaller chip. In my research to try it I did speak with Nik Syzmanek who has used the same AP telecompresser on his Pentax and with a smaller chip camera and it had worked out fine. My issue was the size of the chip really.

If you can buy one second hand and it doesn't work then you'll at least be able to sell it again without too much of a loss.

Archived