Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ8 incoming

robbieince

Well, I have gone and done it......

Yes, I now what they say about being an early adopter but someone has to be.....

I have placed my deposit at FLO for my shiny new EQ8 pro. I cant wait - I have already read all the Aussie chat several times - fingers crossed it will come before too long.

I will be keeping my EQ6 until I am happy with the new mount (the intention is that the EQ8 can be both mobile and obs based) but I expect that will go eventually, This does mean my Observatory mounted Losmandy G11 will be up for grabs soon, especially since I am now at the Scottish Dark Sky Observatory - I cant justify keeping it.

I'll let you all know what I think of it when it arrives.

I am one step behind you Rob at the moment. Thinking of joining the EQ8 order queue! I have been following the Australian astro site ( IceInSpace) with interest. The news that they have got it working with EQMOD is a massive plus as far as I am concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

He He.....!

FLO contacted me today. The EQ8s have arrived...

Fingers crossed mine should arrive on Thursday. I'll try and stay calm enough to take images and do an unboxing / assembling article. Sorry in advance about the cloud penance........

Excitedly...

Rob

Archived