NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally getting an image

Velvet

Nice detail coming through.

Are you going to up the exposure to 10 mins and combine/crop the star.

yes i intend to up the exposure, was just getting used to setting up the GM1000, i am hoping for 10-20 minutes unguided, this was an initial trial... maybe will crop eventually. I also have to do some

digging about dithering... as i am unguided i am unsure what i do on the narrowbandas folks seem to recommend ditjering

Any advice greatly received.

Velvet

What a lovely image - I don't recall seeing this target before and it's a beauty...

Surely it's way harder - and probably more expensive - to get 20 minute unguided subs than to autoguide so what's your thinking on unguided?

Love the image so you're obviously doing something right!

What a lovely image - I don't recall seeing this target before and it's a beauty...

Surely it's way harder - and probably more expensive - to get 20 minute unguided subs than to autoguide so what's your thinking on unguided?

Love the image so you're obviously doing something right!

i have tried guiding and had huge problems as i have tow SX cameras, H694 and lodestar and the drivers seem to cause issues. I experienced numerous crashes of software, particularly Maxim. I have had no such crashes and problems with this set up. It takes time to PA and build model, but then finding targets and taking subs is a real pleasure, not a constant frustration with losing guide stars and software crashes.

Velvet

Archived