Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which dew heater?

I'm aware this question was probably asked around here. So apologies.

I never actually used a dew heater, I never thought I needed one. A dew shield was more than enough. But again, that was before the Schmidt Cassegrain. So I need a dew heater (heating kit) for the Celestron C11. It's mid-summer now, and the count down for dew invasion has started.

I don't think I'll ever need one with more than two ports - yet difficult to decide with all the large variety out there, not to mention the ridiculously priced ones. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

I uae dew not emad. They plug in directly to a multi adaptor (far cheaper yhan a controller by miles) but sew nots use around half the power of most other dew tapes and i found the heat given off just fine. At the time i eas using an 8SE.

Sent from iphone

You can plug the strip directly into the power source, but that means you drain the battery rather faster than necessary. Besides, you may be warming up the corrector plate more than needed, which could induce unwanted thermals

nevr saw this. I plugged mine in direct michael and they didnt seem to get too warm at all. You can get the dew tapes and adaptor here http://www.modernastronomy.com/accessories.html#accDewNot . I guess its a prefernce thing here. Some might prefer to have the control interface just in case but to me it was an un-necessary cost.

Steve

very true you need a heater band for sure, that's why there called dew magnets. I made all my own corrector, finder scope both ends and e.p. but I bought a 2" ep heater from astronomy 365 the dew not and it is very good

Archived