NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Re-worked effort from 24th June. Properly Stacked ....

Steve Ward

Had to revisit yesterdays appallingly rushed effort , lesson for the day .... Don't try stacking subs from the extreme ends of a long (250+) frame set .... :rolleyes:

Here's how it should have looked ..... :grin:

P24thRedone.png

Apologies for the original , won't happen again ..... ( til next time ....)

Ah the pressure of publishing a picture to a tight deadline, we have all been there. Nice result from yesterday. How many consecutive days is this now and is there a time lapse coming along?

Robin

Ah go on, go on, go on, you know you want to.

On your recommendation I watched the programme about the sun, there was some nice time lapse sequences on there. Mind it was worrying about the reducing magnetic activity and the possibility of a spotless sun. You had better get that Solarscope you have your eye on before it's too late.

Robin

Might have to have a whip round on here and put out a few begging letters first . . . :grin:

Animation is no problem , it's just the faffing about sorting the mis-alignment out due to the not quite scientific nature of my set-up.

With the combination of two mounts , no set location of shoot , some first thing some last thing , and the camera being by my side 98% of the time rather than on the scope , the upshot is that they all need a little tweak to run smooth-ish , with over 200 frames that's a bit of a task ... not that I shan't be trying ..... :p

Ah go on, go on, go on, you know you want to.

On your recommendation I watched the programme about the sun, there was some nice time lapse sequences on there. Mind it was worrying about the reducing magnetic activity and the possibility of a spotless sun. You had better get that Solarscope you have your eye on before it's too late.

Robin

I know what you mean Robin. I was thinking of how much I had spent just to watch and image the solar maximum, and would I be able to get good use out of my purchases. Then I also thought....if the sun is on a 11 year cycle and this is the max, then its going to wind down slowly for the next 5 years, so its not really an immediate problem. Plenty of time yet.

Archived