Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ROI Mosaic from 19th June 13

allcart

No sun, so thought I'd have another try at the failed mosaic from 19 june. Closer, but no cigar.

This was the cropped result from 15 panes. I had issues with uneven field illumination so I cropped out the overexposed parts. I need to sort that out next time I use the luntmonster, and overlap the panels a bit more. I would imagine I would need about 35 to 40 panels for a full disc. Its not great, but its a start.

9128686735_fd18ae12e2_b.jpg

mosaic crop 19-06-13 by allcart2, on Flickr

Thanks folks but you are too kind. I know its not as good as you two have done, but its a whole new ballgame from shooting single images, and one I will have to practice at. Getting an even field of illumination is going to be essential when using the Lunt modded scope if I am to expect a good result.

I got my DS filter today, so thats something else to work on. If I can just get the sun to stay out for a while so I can get a look through it.

Archived