Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Stargazing_Cliff

Moon mosaic 20th June 2013

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tommohawk
      Hi All. Looks like lunar mosaics are flavour of the month, so here's my offering.
      I haven't done much lunar stuff - more of a DSOer - but clear sky seems to be at a premium so thought I'd give it a go. I'm pretty sure I get blurring at the edges of my full disc lunar shots due to coma, so I wanted to do a mosaic with the SW CC +  3x barlow. But I cant find a way of attaching the barlow to the CC. Any thought welcome.
      So instead I used crop mode with no barlow and did a 24 pane mosaic. DSLR settings:  .MOV files of 60sec duration, ISO100, 1/800th sec exposures. 
      Processed with PIPP, MS ICE for mosaic composite (bit of fun getting it to align - did it in 2 sub-sections) then Autostakkert (best 10%) , Avistack for wavelets (bit overdone maybe) and PS for autolevels.
      Mext move is to repeat with the barlow - so thats 16 panes to each one of the 24 .... ummm, that'll be 16x24 = 384. Maybe not then!
      Hope you like it - looks quite nice full size!

... and the colour corrected one:

• By xtreemchaos
      Moon mosaic, 6 pannel 300 frames per pannel. taken with ED80,ED2xbarlow staxed with regi.  thanks for looking  clear skys  charl.
    • By xtreemchaos
      Moon Mosaic 28-9-15, 10 panel, 400 frames per panel. taken with ED80 2X ED barlow sony alpha. nice to see a bit of detail coming back on the right.  thanks for looking  clear skys charl.
    • By xtreemchaos
      Moon 8 pane mosaic. 24-8-15. taken with ED80 ED2Xbarlow and sony Alpha iso 400, 400 images per stax.taken  from obsy room open window.  thanks for looking, clear skys   charl.
    • By johnb
      Hi
      I have quite a few panes of the moon and if dump them all into ICE I end up with lines were there are to many overlaps, will ICE allow me to selectively add and remove panes ? - or am I going about this in the wrong way ?
      regards
      John B

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.