Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MS ICE and Moon Mosaic

Hi

I have quite a few panes of the moon and if dump them all into ICE I end up with lines were there are to many overlaps, will ICE allow me to selectively add and remove panes ? - or am I going about this in the wrong way ?

regards

John B

I find that with ICE it is easier to make "strips" of mosaic and then assemble these seperately - otherwise ICE can get confused!  If you have lines around the edges of panes try cropping the individual panes before making the mosaic.  Hope these help.

I often crop every frame by few pixel to remove the bad edges from stacking that often confuse ICE or create artifacts on mosaic.

Absolutely this.

I stack in AS2 and then wavelet sharpen in Registax. I find that Registax doesn't crop the edges even when you use the cropping tool (probably user error on my part though!).  I normally right-click them and use Paint in Windows to edit them...quick and easy.

Archived