Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

127 Mak M14

JamesF

Last one for the time being :) It's entirely possible I have the colour balance wrong, but M14 seems to have far more yellow stars than many of the other globs I have imaged. Might have to reprocess it to get rid of that satellite trail, too. Didn't notice it on the monitor I have on my laptop.

48 frames of 45 seconds, unmodded 450D & unguided 127 Mak, stacked with darks in DSS.

m14.png

James

Looks like there is touch too much green in the image to me though, but still a good image James.

I think you're right. I have a feeling that most of the glob images I've posted may be a bit green-heavy. The temptation to go to full LRGB imaging to take the DSLR out of the equation and get a less noisy image is strong :)

James

I think you're right. I have a feeling that most of the glob images I've posted may be a bit green-heavy. The temptation to go to full LRGB imaging to take the DSLR out of the equation and get a less noisy image is strong :)

James

Forget the 'L' just stick to RGB it weakens the star colours

You must be well on the way to collecting all the Messier list GC's at this rate James. :grin:

Thanks for the tip, Francis.

I think I'm about a third of the way through at the moment. I have a few I'd like to "collect" whilst we're in France in a few weeks, purely because they're very low from here -- M4, M22 and so on. There are a few on the Caldwell list that would be nice to get too, though perhaps some of those are just too far south without travelling a long way.

James

James

Yup, the M10 shot has it as well.

I got a beginner's LRGB filter set and filter wheel for my birthday and am itching to try them out with the DMK. I've had enough of monochrome images!

Archived