Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ADM or Altair Astro TMS saddle plate upgrade ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of which Steve. Any news on the Vixen saddles being back in stock? Do you custom drill if I send you the dimensions?

Please email, then we'll check when we reopen Monday. 

Anthony has done custom machining for us in the past so if you include your requirements when you email we'll look into that too. 

HTH :smiley: 

If it's looks your after check-out the Italian Geoptik range. Very stylish   :happy10:

Not really Steve....  Although stuff looking nice is certainly a plus.  I have a Altair Vixen saddle for my guide-scope and it is very nice.  The dovetail seems to tip into the saddle easier than on ADM stuff though maybe I just have a particularly good example...  The Altair machining is exquisite too.  I certainly have no hesitation of recommending Altair on the basis of my example.  That said, I concede there is a very strong ADM following here.

Hi all i have the Altair astro system. The Vixenn clamp from Altair is good and deep and long but slightly too narrow for my visac. It fit eventually though. I eventually swopped it for a losmandy/vixen dual fit from Altair.

This one is more shallow but a better overall fit and allows me to swap for a bigger scope on demand. I have plans for that.

Regards, Mike

Archived