Sagittarius Region - DSLR in white light

Hi Set-up a DSLR standard body with a lens set at ~125mm and took a series of 30 and 60 second exposures of the Sagittarius region. Lens set to f3.2 iso 1600. approx 70 subs were made - few rejected due to sat trails.

Camera mounted on an NEQ3 unguided.

Tried to remove as much of the gradients as I can while retaining colour. Stacking and initial processing in AA5 with tweaks in PS. Hope you like.

post-14748-0-13085600-1370782216_thumb.p

Nicely captured...and well done annotating it.

Thats a cracker... is the Astrometry Flickr! group still running... I will have to check...

Yep it is... http://www.flickr.co...ups/astrometry/

Peter...

The Flickr Astrometry Group's solving functionality is currently broken (it has been unable to solve for at least a week). You can still submit images and they will probably be solved when it is working again. Although Flickr as a whole is currently broken in my eyes and will never be "fixed".

You can also submit images to http://nova.astrometry.net/upload

Tried to annotate some of the 'patches' in the above. Many many more to find, probably got some wrong.....

post-14748-0-97141100-1370794978_thumb.p

Msny moons ago several of us were involved in subbmitting images for the beta testing of the engine...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

thats unreal!!

where is your dark sky site?

Thankfully my back garden - North Devon :laugh: :laugh:

Wow, that's inspirational!

Which model DSLR did you use?

Thanks - I used an unmodified Nikon D700

Thanks Michael.

Thats cracking. Id love to have a go at something like that.

How long is the actual exposure time do you know?

Matt - Less than 60 mins total exposure time, but I was able to work at f3.2 and 1600 iso so that helped. There were about 70 individual exposures which kept noise levels down.

Archived