Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD - Not Responding ?

johnb

Hi

So im on a Windows 7 64 bit Laptop and an EQ6 Mount

I have installed EQMOD and cartes du ciel, and an Xbox Controller and did the configuring etc

Anyway all setup did a 3 point configuration (so easy to do) selected my target and it was spot on, after my imaging session I went to park the scope using the controller, nothing happened, then tried from EQMOD and I got the message EQMOD not responding, as I had finished the session it’s not an issue but had I wanted to move to another target it would have been.

Is there any way of monitoring to see if EQMOD is operating correctly?

John B

I've always had errors with EQMOD not responding :( I usually find I need to reboot the computer to get it working again. I don't know why - little difference with my dual core Win 7 laptop as with my XP netbook.

You can run the running commentary test box to see what is happening and when. Sadly my new mount doesnt work with eqmod, but once I had a problem with a power supply to a qhy camera which would somehow knock out the USB to serial connection somehow, and once it was gone, it was gone, reboot required.

How do you switch on the running commentary box? I can see a check box to log to a file, but is there something else?

Doing some 'simulation' testing this evening in the observatory and everything is just fine. However I have suspicions that all might not be well with my cheap usb hub or perhaps the power going to it so I've done what I should've done a while ago and placed an order for a decent hub, one of those beauties discussed here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/187079-startech-industrial-usb-hub/

I've found the mount USB to be very critical and have it on a separate USB port all of it's own with a separate USB cable through the cable duct to the mount. Everything else works fine on a single powered USB hub attached to the scope mounting plate.

I've found the mount USB to be very critical and have it on a separate USB port all of it's own with a separate USB cable through the cable duct to the mount. Everything else works fine on a single powered USB hub attached to the scope mounting plate.

Thanks, I will try that if I continue to have problems after installing the new USB. I certainly found it beneficial to run a separate 12V supply for the mount and another for everything else.

Thanks, I will try that if I continue to have problems after installing the new USB. I certainly found it beneficial to run a separate 12V supply for the mount and another for everything else.

Yes, I've done that too.

Archived