Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M17 (06-06-2013)

fwm891

Processed two variations of M17 taken last night (06-06-2013) RGB and LRGB.

My MN190 with Atik 383L+mono and Baader LRGB filters were used.

LRGB subs all at 240 seconds with 10 subs per channel.

Processing mainly in AA5 with tweaks in PS-CS3.

Hope you like

RGB version: post-14748-0-03976300-1370512002_thumb.p LRGB version: post-14748-0-24855400-1370512141_thumb.p

Yes, very nice :) I'm not sure which image I prefer. The RGB has more colour but maybe the LRGB has slightly smoother appearance and detail. That could be due to having the extra imaging time.

Thanks Gina / James,

I think I prefer the LRGB as the colour are not so saturated and there's more background nebulosity showing in the LRGB. If its clear again tonight I'm going to need some stronger matchsticks!

Thanks Cloudbuster.

Clear skies have just come right. Managed to tweak the collimation on my MN190 a few days ago which has made focusing a little easier and more even illumination at the focal plane. No moon has been helpful too, plus having a clear south horizon. Need to make a couple of small alterations to the observatory to speed setting-up / close-down but apart from that things are quite reasonable (for me).

Archived