Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Will this help imaging Saturn...?

Hi again:

Just wondering....If I use my reducer/correcter on my 9.25sct will that brighten Saturn for imaging? I realize it would be smaller but wouldn't the gain be less this way and smoother image?

Thanks for suggestions

Cheers

Roger

I think it would be better without myself , image scale and all that .

As with most imaging I find a 'darker' data set better than an overbright one , you can always pull an image up in post processing , but an oversaturated image is irretrievable.

The biggest factor has to be the 'seeing' , I've had one decent go this year when it was spot on and I could see Cassini and the banding live in the capture screen , every time since them it's been rubbish.

Good seeing and longer captures will smooth things out better.

That said , the seeing was fabulous here this afternoon for the very short Solar session so I'm hoping it holds up for a few hours.

Hi Roger, I agree with above comments f10 is the way to go on Saturn, we all need that break of good seeing that seems to have alluded us all season, maybe its partly due to the low alt and bad atmospherics it brings with it in this part of the hemisphere, I too am frustrated with my attempts this year, it maybe my last chance due to my location & the ever decreasing alt of Saturn over the next few years!

Archived