problem with flats atik 314

hi guys needsome help please just started using atik 314 and my flats look terrible adu was around 25000 the exposure was very short (cant remember what setting) im using an el panel i never had a problem with the qhy8l this is a stack from the red filter the single exposures look the samepost-22762-0-33052600-1369341169_thumb.j

i must be doing something wrong but what i havent a clue

mark

Looks like a normal flat to me. You could try dimming the panel with typing paper and I'd go for a lower white point, more like 18000. I used to go higher but get better results from lower.

It could be that you have a refelctive surface somewhere in the imagin train, perhaps where the camera attaches. Apparently some matt black finishes are actually reflective in UV, which is not good news.

Olly

thanks guys sorry for late reply olly- i will try a lower setting see how i get on . davey-t - i did take them during the day but it an obsy roof on but it could still be picking up some stray light .it look to me as though the dust motes are really expanded compared to the ones on the sub frames but focus not moved it fact focus lock was on i was using woz 71 atik 314l HA filter wether this make a difference i dunno

That flat looks ok me. If you took the flats in the daytime, in an obsy (in the summer), then the chances are it was pretty warm in there. I would think than a 15-20 degree temperature difference from night time temps would have an effect on focus, and in turn reduce the effectiveness of the flats.

Thats dust on your sensor window, no matter which filter you use. Try a rocket blower or similar, turn te camera upside down when you puff air at it. If it doesnt shift buy some lens swabs and cleaning agent or send it back to atik for a service. :)

I just had a very similar experience. . Fixed it!

Archived