NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fed up with this weather

Hi,

I have been sat here for the last 2.5 hours looking at this cloudy sky again, so I got bored and decided to reprocess another Saturn capture from the 6th of May. Sw 100 ed evostar , televue powermate 2.5X, ASI 120 mc, baader Neodymium filter on Eq5 pro Synscan. 3500 frmes processed in Pipp, AS!2, StarTools and CS2. This is the first time that I used the newly aquired StarTools in planetary mode rather than using Registax for wavelet application so there is a lot to be learnt in that department.

Many thanks for looking,

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-84912500-1369175305_thumb.j

I will be interested in how you get on with StarTools. I had not heard of them before and I am undecided as to whether I am impressed or put off but the grand claims they make on their website!

Chris

I will be interested in how you get on with StarTools. I had not heard of them before and I am undecided as to whether I am impressed or put off but the grand claims they make on their website!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am very new to all this so please don't take me for an expert but I think the software has real potential. It is quite quirky at the moment and a lot could be done to make the workflow a lot easier but for the little money that I paid for it it has real processing power, in particular is the abililty to process the fits files in the raw state.

As I said I am very new to imaging and so far most of my captures have had very weak S/N ratio but I think that given a good enough subset it can deliver.

I even managed to salvage something out of this weak stack.

Hi Chris,

I am very new to all this so please don't take me for an expert but I think the software has real potential. It is quite quirky at the moment and a lot could be done to make the workflow a lot easier but for the little money that I paid for it it has real processing power, in particular is the abililty to process the fits files in the raw state.

As I said I am very new to imaging and so far most of my captures have had very weak S/N ratio but I think that given a good enough subset it can deliver.

I even managed to salvage something out of this weak stack.

Ooops,

Something went wrong.

post-28808-0-64164200-1369219165_thumb.j

Sorry it's my fault, I ordered & received my first telescope recently :tongue:

It's been really frustrating couple of nights, The moon is the only celestial object I've seen & that was only for a few minutes was getting use to it being upside down view & my moon filter hadn't arrived then so it was only wide field view. Where I am the weather is meant to get better tonight hoping to see Saturn & some DSOs as well as the moon at higher power through my moon filter(that arrived yesterday)

Please don't tell me about snow in Madrid, I am off there two weeks or so time.

You'll be fine, the weather is just on the turn (I hope!) and it's a glorious day here today. Anyway, 2 weeks is close enough to the 40th of May (as the Spanish say) so summer should really be on the way!

I think that's a good effort with Saturn. I suspect you might be suffering a bit from lack of dynamic range, either in the original image or in the posted JPEG.

I know it snowed in Spain a few weeks back. There was snow in Devon last week. The weather has gone completely bonkers.

James

I think that's a good effort with Saturn. I suspect you might be suffering a bit from lack of dynamic range, either in the original image or in the posted JPEG.

I know it snowed in Spain a few weeks back. There was snow in Devon last week. The weather has gone completely bonkers.

James

Hi James,

The AVIs are fine, it is just that I used StarTools for the wavelets, I really should learn what to do with it first, but then again I really was bored and fed up, so I needed a challenge.

It is blue skies here in Manchester at the moment but I know tonight it is going to be a different story, hope it all improves for all of us otherwise there will be a lot of stuff going on the fleabay if I can not use them.

Regards,

A.G

Archived