NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M5 After moonset

That's lovely. Why not put it in the advanced imaging section? It's good enough!

Also, if you put your kit in your signature block we can all see what you’re using. It would help beginners too. Plus if you say what you did!

Alexxx

I'm not familiar with your kit so I had a Google. Looks very impressive to me! I've just bought a Megrez 72mm so I hope to get my globular clusters as good as yours now! Did you do any processing?

Thank you so much yes the Zmount is an amazing innovation i can slew to DSO nearly overhead and no issues with anything hitting the tripod before anything over say 75 degrees and i was in trouble i used DSS to stack 25 lights and 5 darks 3 minute exposures iso400 and then tweeked in PS5 and LR4

It's interesting you used ISO 400 and longer exposures. I would use ISO 800 and shorter exposures normally. There was a thread about this debating the merits of both. I don't think there was a consensus of opinion! I'll have a go at 400 ISO next time and see if I get more colour to the stars.

It's interesting you used ISO 400 and longer exposures. I would use ISO 800 and shorter exposures normally. There was a thread about this debating the merits of both. I don't think there was a consensus of opinion! I'll have a go at 400 ISO next time and see if I get more colour to the stars.

I have tried both with this particular 60D and iso 400 for longer exposures gives me less noise and artifacts at least for exposure over 60 seconds even the colors are much better as shown here I'm still experimenting though.

Well the Zmount is in a class all by itself because of the design the're calling it a CEM now Chinese Equatorial Mount the weight is balanced in the center besides that the price is a bit more mine was 849 dollars and the weight handling on mine tops yours just a bit for imaging yours is 24lbs to my 27lbs i love the look of yours though pretty classy chassis!

The Zmount is very new there are only 4 of us using them at this moment here in the states so far and 3 of us only took delivery just this last week that i know of. So far we all agree great great product now if the rain would stop here so i can collect more evidence! I believe sky and telescope has done a review of it.

Archived