NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Revelation dual-speed SCT focuser?

Does anyone know of a UK source for these that actually has any in stock? The usual suspects don't seem to have any :( The only possibility I've found so far is F1 telescopes, but they've not yet replied to my email.

James

I got mine from A10 Optical but they had to order it in .

The Skywatcher DS SCT is identical to the Revelation , try giving these a go .... they're fairly close to you I believe .... http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/skywatcher-dual-speed-2-inch-crayford-focuser-for-sct-telescopes.htm

Not quite sure why there's a £10.00 price difference between two identical products but the locality will probably negate it I guess.

It's a great focuser , I've fitted it to my big Mak and couldn't be happier.

I would be tempted to go for the R&P longer-term, or the Baader Steeltrak, but the crayford suits my requirements for the moment, particularly as I'm not 100% sure it's going to meet my requirements until I get my hands on one.

James

I'm assuming the unanodized (or at least, undyed) section at the OTA end of the focuser has an internal 2" thread to fit the SCT thread. How does it fit to the rest of the focuser body?

James

Exactly that ... :smiley:

Did you find one locally ?

Excellent. A plan is definitely coming together here.

I didn't find one locally. SCS don't have any of the Skywatcher ones in stock. I've been offered a Revelation one second-hand though, so I'm going to go for that.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Archived