White light Sun, 19th May

JamesF

Today was pretty much completely clouded out until 5pm and even though there were patches of clear blue it was still hideously hazy when I was setting up. The seeing was so awful that I was pretty much guessing at focus and I was pushed for time before the Sun sank below the treetops and before I had to go out. More in hope than anticipation I ran off 240 frames and packed everything up leaving the processing until this evening.

Most of the frames were indeed fairly bad. I ended up using 88 in Registax and stacking 48 of those. I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised by the result.

Looks like there might be a bit more activity on the limb that could turn into something interesting over the next few days, otherwise it looks like we're going to be in for a quiet week.

sun-2013-05-19-small.png

240 frames of 1/1000th @ ISO100, 450D & 127 Mak. Preprocessed with PIPP, 48 of 88 stacked in Registax v6.

James

Archived