Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Telescope House Web Site

John

I don't know if you have seen the new Telescope House website:

http://www.telescopehouse.com/

I used to quite like the old one - you could sort of "browse" around it and it had a "bargains" section as well. As for the new one, well maybe it's just me but I really don't like it - it's all far too "corporate" and not at all friendly. It sort of directs you where it wants you to go rather than you make your way around - reminds me of a pushy salesman in a hurry to make the sale rather than listen to what you really want !. I somehow doubt I'll be visiting it much from now on... but maybe it's just me.

John

It sort of directs you where it wants you to go rather than you make your way around

I think they've tried to make it simpler for those that aren't entirely sure of what they are looking for, perhaps at the expense of those with a little more experience who don't classify how advanced a setup is based on purely cost or aperture.

There is a 'Clearance' section underneath the big centre banners...

James

I always had troubles with page uploads on the old site. I find this one easier to navigate. I don't think there's a great improvement of the look of the place, but it's not that bad imho. I must say though, it doesn't really have that "I really want to buy from here" kind of look, like FLO does...

I always had troubles with page uploads on the old site. I find this one easier to navigate. I don't think there's a great improvement of the look of the place, but it's not that bad imho. I must say though, it doesn't really have that "I really want to buy from here" kind of look, like FLO does...

Maybe it doesn't but its the price that counts,not how it looks on a web page,also they have FREE delivery which is often overlooked when pricing your items,no point buying something because its £5 cheaper at certain sites only to find you have to add £10 delivery charge .....almost every delivery i've had from them has been within 2 days of dispatch and considering i live as far north as is possible on the British mainland 2 days is the quickest i've ever had from any company.Have to say Telescope house are N0.1 in my book.

Looks like I'm in the minority here - oh well :(

I agree that FLO's site has more appeal somehow - I guess there must be an art to getting the right "look and feel" to a web site.

Thanks for your views folks - interesting as always :D

John

I agree with you John. I was looking for something last week and got frustrated trying to find it. The 'other people bought' bits in the middle of pages was very off-putting I found.

I like TH very much though - delivery if they've got it in stock is always very swift and painless.

Helen

Archived