Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun 5th May 2013 - AR11734

dephelis

I'm starting to really get into solar imaging, especially after trying out the Lunt 35, Lunt 90 and a Coronado PST that were available. I think I need to look at getting a Baader Continuum filter to improve the granulation though.

Here is a shot of AR11734 taken in whitelight at the May Irregular AstroCamp event in Wales. I have to admit I'm feeling quite proud of this one as it's my best solar image to date.

I'd also appreciate comments on the colouring I have used for the false colour version.

8717205645_8dd604ddae.jpg

Sun_20130505_AR11734_Whitelight_M by dephelis, on Flickr

8718325738_385c4a183f.jpg

Sun_20130505_AR11734_Whitelight_FC by dephelis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Damien

These are amazing! wonderful granulation and detail in the spots and lightbridge, I'd be very pleased with that!

Colouring is art, I think any colour would look nice so long as there is always the nice B&W to go with it :) the above pic is lovely, nice and fiery!

Alexandra

These are amazing! wonderful granulation and detail in the spots and lightbridge, I'd be very pleased with that!

Colouring is art, I think any colour would look nice so long as there is always the nice B&W to go with it :) the above pic is lovely, nice and fiery!

Alexandra

Coming from you, Alexandra, that means a lot!

I've been playing around a lot with various colour schemes and felt that this kind of shot really needed vivid colours.

Archived