White light Sun, 5th May

JamesF

Regardless of the forecast for a totally cloudy day the Sun was streaming in through the windows when I woke up this morning, so at the crack of half past nine I was outside capturing images. There was a certain amount of cloud, some high wispy stuff that didn't seem to want to move and some cumulus much lower down that were obviously in a race to get to the east coast for lunch, so I erred on the side of caution and took 240 frames, dropped 80 of them after preprocessing with PIPP and finally stacked 48.

I think the conditions have meant the image isn't as sharp as I'd like, but I'm rarely unhappy when I get an image I wasn't expecting :)

sun-2013-05-05-small.png

240 frames of 1/1000th @ ISO100, 450D/127 Mak, preprocessed with PIPP, 48 of 160 frames stacked with Registax v6.

James

Wonderful! I wish it were sunny here, a totally sunless weekend so far.

That's very disappointing. Seems like ages since I last saw you posting some images :(

James

Archived