Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another Saturn

lensman57

Hi to all,

Did not have a chance to image saturn at opposition due the lousy weather, last night was the first opportunity since and I managed to get a few frames. this one was the last one I have not processed the others. It was taken with an SW 100 ED a Televue 2.5X powermateand an ASI 120 MC on an EQ5 pro SynScan, I mounted a Baader Neodymium filter on the nose of the cam as I took this at 11 pm and Saturn was still low and well in the LP zone. I processed 2500 frames out of 3500 in , AS!2, RG6 and a bit of fiddling in CS2. Considering the 100 mm aperture I think it turned out not too badly for a relative novice. Hope you like it.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-32966700-1367462124_thumb.j

For a 100mm scope with a 2.5x powermate I think that's an excellent result. Well done.

James

Thanks James,

I am quite pleased with it too, particularly it having been taken on a very small scope. Just wish that I had not wasted most of the night trying for M51 with guiding. What a waste of time and effort that was. Should have spent the time on Saturn and done some LRGB, at least that would have been a nice exercise.

Regards,

A.G

Thats a great shot mate,out of interest what time did you take this photo,why i ask is i was observing Sarurn around 00.30 on the 2nd and noticed a white spot on the southern limb,and was asking did any one notice it,but i have seen in your pic possibly what i seen,it will confirm it for me.

Thats a great shot mate,out of interest what time did you take this photo,why i ask is i was observing Sarurn around 00.30 on the 2nd and noticed a white spot on the southern limb,and was asking did any one notice it,but i have seen in your pic possibly what i seen,it will confirm it for me.

Hi,

I think it was around 10.50 pm and where I live Saturn doesn't really clear the LP zone at all as we now have LP up to about 40 degrees of elevation. There is something on the limb and is a touch more clear in the Tiff file as the Jpeg conversion takes a little sharpness away.

Many thanks and clear skies.

Regards,

A.G

Nice image - Not tried saturn this tome around yet as it doesnt got past neighbours tree until late and I have to work in the week - But tonight may be the night

Thanks for the inspiration I must get out there

Archived