Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M64 - Blackeye Galaxy SGL8

Keiran

So i have only just got around to stacking the 2hrs that i got from SGL8. Im not really happy with the way i have processed it, and when i get a little more time i will go back and have another attempt. This was the first time i have tried Drizzle, i have'nt had chance to compare drizzle and non drizzle, but i do plan on doing both.

I think there were 24x 5min subs, over 20x darks,flats and bias.... (I cant really remember, it was a long night lastnight).

I used my WO GT81, HEQ5, ST80+QHY5 to guide with PHD, and my can 60D with the WO FFII

This is by no means the final artical, but i wanted to share it....

8694411116_82cbe129c7_b.jpg

M64 2hrs SGL8 by Keiran Bernstein, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

That's looking promising Kieran - the black eye is there as is the different shades in the galaxies arms :)

I've been pondering using Drizzle but I think it works best with oversampled images so I wasn't sure if it'd help with my (or your) images? (runs off to do some reading.....)

James

Im not really that happy with it James, i dont think the data is very good. It was very noisy which is why i have de-saturated it, and i was having trouble pulling any detail out of it. It would probably help if i had much more data, but that was all i got from SGL8, and i havnt had chance to get out again.

I am going to stack them again with the drizzle x2 and standard, and compare the difference. I thought it helped increase the res.... This is very wide field before i processed it.

Thanks for the comment James :)

Archived