NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun - 29th April 2013

David Smith

Out early this morning to cathc the Sun before leaving for work. Forecast for this evening was dicey and I am not sure what time I will get home (Sun may have dissappeared behind the neighbours houses by then).

Shot two sets of 120 frames, checking the focus between them to try and get things spot on. Only had time to stack one set before leaving the house but seems to have worked ok. I will have a look at the second set when I get home later.

Stacked just 39 from the 120. All were shot using the 2x Revelation barlow at 1/1000th second on ISO 200. Stacked in Registax 5.1 and tweaked in GIMP 2.8

8691058899_27922c575d_b.jpg

20130429 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

Nice shot! Another big spot has appeared on the limb again I see - more activity is good :) I'm hoping to get some images in after work this afternoon if the weather cooperates - fingers crossed!

Excellent :)

I have my kit waiting by the door at the moment. Still more cloud than blue sky here, but I'm hoping it will clear by this afternoon. Then I'll have to move everything to see if I can't get some captures of Saturn tonight.

James

Archived