NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can you recommend a 6mm EP for a BST fan?

KevUU

3 hours ago, Ricochet said:

The 5, 8 and 12mm Starguiders are the best ones and will be fine in either scope. The 18 and 25 show field curvature and astigmatism respectively in fast scopes but will (probably) be fine in the 8se. The 3.2 seems to have a bit of a soft focus and I've never used a 15 to know how it performs. 

Think i might pull the trigger on the 5mm. I dont usually use anything below 8mm. Im itching to try BST. Apparently the compare well with Vixen NPL (which i love), but slightly better eye relief and wider FOV.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/08/2018 at 21:38, LukeSkywatcher said:

Think i might pull the trigger on the 5mm. I dont usually use anything below 8mm. Im itching to try BST. Apparently the compare well with Vixen NPL (which i love), but slightly better eye relief and wider FOV.

You can always return them!

Ive had great results using all the BST's but I've noticed that after any observing session, its the 12mm and 8mm that are closest to hand, s implying  that those two eyepieces work well under  most  normal conditions that I view from. But weather and seeing conditions will dictate the level of detail on offer. The 5mm and 3.2 are for the Moon, although I believe Jupiter was at its best through the 5mm, but having several eyepieces, surely one will work for me.

As for the original question, its the 6mm William Optic SPL. I have also viewed through the TeleVue Delos 6mm, a cracking lens, but no better to my eyes than the starguiders, and if the 6mm Starguider did exist, I'd own one, perfect match for this scope.

23 hours ago, Charic said:

As for the original question

:D Way back in 2013 when I used to have the time to post a bit more!?

Doesn't the 8se have a focal length of 2000mm or so?

I think you'd be surfing the surface of the moon with the 5mm let alone the 3.2mm!

They'd both be worth a punt in the 130p.  

Archived