Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Summer Meetings.

valleyman

Well as we draw into the short summer nights. I am sure some of you will continue to view during the early hours of the morning.

Plenty to see during the summer months.

But for those of us who prefer bed after midnight. It has been mentioned on here by Steve for some meetings to go Bird watching at a weekend during daylight hours.

Bird watching and all things nature are my 2nd hobby, so am putting out some feelers to see if there is any interest for a Couple of Saturdays/Sundays to meet at some of the fantastic nature reserves we have here in Wales. for a few hours strolling around and putting to good use those Cameras and Binos we use at night.

Maybe Steve you can take this on as you have a lot more experiance and more local knowledge about when and where to go.

Pat

Good Boots, Donuts, flask for drinks. Sun Hat just incase the sun comes out :police:.

Penknife, piece of string, Matches, Candle, Distress flares. Torch, Map, Whistle, spare boot laces, tin muck, tin plate and anything else you may need in case you get lost.

:rolleyes:

Pat

Good Boots, Donuts, flask for drinks. Sun Hat just incase the sun comes out :police:.

Penknife, piece of string, Matches, Candle, Distress flares. Torch, Map, Whistle, spare boot laces, tin muck, tin plate and anything else you may need in case you get lost.

:rolleyes:

Pat

Thanks for the checklist, I think I have a couple of cans of dehydrated water to take along also.

I'm not so sure I have more local knowlege than anyone to be honest Pat but you are right there are a lot of great places to go in Wales if anyone fancys a Saturday or Sunday in the countryside and all you need really Mike are a pair of bins and some boots (though the dough-nuts would be more than welcome as usual)

Off the top of my head theres the Wetands in Newport, Ynys Hir in Mid Wales , Goldcliff in Newport which I want to go to this summer, theres a wetland reserve in Llanelli and one just outside Port Talbot though I can't remember the name for the life of me- I'm sure theres loads more if I do a little research but if anyones up for it and fancies the occasional weekend day out in the Country let us know and we'll plan something. Will be nice not to stress over the clouds for once lol.

dehydrated water

That reminds me of an April fools joke Tomorrows World (the long gone BBC tech program) played on everyone lol. Their version was in the form of dehydrated water tablets, magical to watch they were ;)

Archived