Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First image published in Sky at Night magazine

x6gas

The May issue of Sky at Night magazine dropped through my letterbox today and I am so, so chuffed that I have an image published in the Hotshots section.

My Triangulum Galaxy, a version of which I posted on SGL in December, made it into the mag.

I still consider myself to be fairly new to imaging - I've been at it for about 18 months - but in that time the weather has meant I've captured relatively few targets as I do try to get enough data (makes the processing easier!). I posted a few versions of M33 on here and the feedback, encouragement (especially from Gina!), and comments from fellow members on this (and indeed other images) has really helped me to learn and improve my processing - so thanks SGL!

Congrats Ian, thats a great image.

I too got my first image posted in this months magazine, mine is the shot of the Andromeda galaxy:-

9c96b7ca-b009-419d-a8c0-7a9b4ced4086_thumb.png

It is a great feeling when the guys & gals at S@N decide that one of your images is deemed worthy of gracing the magazine, isn't it?

I'd also like to thank everyone on here who has offered advice & tips on how to improve my imaging & processing.

Jeff

Congratulations , it's a lovely feeling . . . :laugh:

It sure is! Many thanks.

Congrats Ian, thats a great image.

I too got my first image posted in this months magazine, mine is the shot of the Andromeda galaxy:-

9c96b7ca-b009-419d-a8c0-7a9b4ced4086_thumb.png

It is a great feeling when the guys & gals at S@N decide that one of your images is deemed worthy of gracing the magazine, isn't it?

I'd also like to thank everyone on here who has offered advice & tips on how to improve my imaging & processing.

Jeff

Congrats to you too Jeff - saw your Andromeda which is an asbolute stunner. Don't know if my image was on the cusp but they didn't tell me it was definitely in so I was a bit surprised and a lot pleased to see my name in there.

Archived