Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher website down?

Looeewoo

So, I bought a serial / USB adapter to run my MK 127 through Stellarium, hooked it all up and nothing happened. So I thought, go to SkyWatcher website and download any firmware upgrades (I'm on 3.08) and the connectivity tool just to see if there's anything talking at all.

Going to www.skywatchertelescope.net or www.skywatcher.com shows a splash page with the following:

The most likely causes:

• The server is down for maintenance
  • There may be a network problem
  • The site may be experiencing excessive load

Anyone know if this is a long-term problem?

Both pages open fine for me, it's likely on your end for some reason, don't know why though.

I'm not sure what you can do other than wait, maybe clear your cache, cookies and history settings?

I'm having the same problem, says Website is offline and it's been like this at least since the weekend. It's not a caching problem as I've tried accessing the site using different pc's and clearing the cache. I'm trying to access the site for the same reason, up dating firmware.

Any Skywatcher dealerships know what's going on??

All the best, Bob

hi Looeewoo and welcome to SGL :)

I've got the same problem as you - for me it's been like it since Saturday (wanted to update my neq6 handset firmware). I'm on a different computer right now and it's doing the same thing. Looking at the error page, it does look like they use some kind of caching server/functionality (Cloudfire), and if it's working for some people, makes me suspect that might be the culprit, and it's our particular Cloudfire server that is the problem (though I could also be completely making that up, but it kind of makes sense!!! ;) ).

Unfortunately, not sure there's a lot you can do - except maybe using google search for a specific page, and see if google has it cached? Not sure that'll get you a download file though....

Guess we'll just have to be patient... :)

That site appears to be out of date. This one http://ca.skywatcher.com/ has the most up to date info.

Hmm yes, I was fast coming to that conclusion as well - that site has up to V3.27 of the synscan firmware, mine is on V3.32 and I know there's at least one released after that to roll back some bugs in V3.32.....

Matsey, use the site that Peter has given. Just updated my handset using the downloaded firmware from there and everything is fine.

Thanks Bob, I'm at work at the moment so can't do the actual update. However, I'm not going to risk this site going down as well, so I've downloaded the file and emailed it to myself to do when I get home later. Thanks :)

I don't know why some of you couldn't access the international SkyWatcher website. I could do it on my end.

As I know, SkyWatcher is working on building a new international website, which is coming out soon.

Before that, if any of you want to download firmware or others, you can go to the SkyWatcher Canada website: ca.skywatcher.com

Archived